PensionsEurope, the voice for workplace pensions in Europe, is looking for a full-time legal adviser (m/f) to join its Brussels secretariat from May onwards. We represent the national associations of pension funds and similar institutions for workplace pension provision. PensionsEurope has a total of 22 member associations in 16 EU Member States and 5 non-EU countries. PensionsEurope, through its members, covers workplace pensions of about 80 million EU citizens and €3.7 trillion in assets.
If you have a relevant law degree and at least 3 years working experience in the field of pensions, financial market regulation or EU social & employment policy, we would like to hear from you.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits for a young professional, the opportunity to work in a small team and the chance to become an expert in a field that will become more important as our society ages and public pensions can no longer provide the level of pension benefits of the recent past.
Your main tasks will be:
• Monitoring, analysing and advising on legal and political developments affecting pensions at European, transnational and national level, particularly in the following areas: pension policy and pension fund legislation, financial regulation, taxation, internal market and EU supervisory agencies (EIOPA, ESMA, EBA)
• Representing PensionsEurope at the EU institutions and in activities with stakeholders
• Preparing position papers and other policy documents
• Communicating with and responding to members
• Contributing to external communication materials
• Carrying out studies on legal aspects of EU pensions regulation
• A university (Master or higher) degree in law
• Knowledge of EU, pension policy and legislation, supervisory mechanisms, financial regulation and taxation law
• Job experience in the field of pensions, financial market regulation or social & employment policy, preferably including the EU institutional environment
• Perfect command of written and spoken English
• Excellent computer skills
• Well-developed social, organisational and communication skills
• Dynamic and flexible personality
• Capacity to work independently and in a small team
• Knowledge of a second EC working language is a plus
The legal adviser will report directly to the Secretary General/CEO.
The deadline for applications is 15 April 2013.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to the attention of Mr. Matti Leppälä, Secretary General/CEO at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to PensionsEurope, Koningsstraat 97 rue Royale, 1000 Brussels, Belgium. For further information please phone the Secretariat at +32 2 289 14 14.
More information about PensionsEurope can be found on our website www.pensionseurope.eu.